- "I will be engaged or married to Jessica." NAILED IT!
- "I will break a bone" -- OK didn't nail it but tore my Achilles so I'm putting this in the "kinda got it" category
- "Gilbert and Nicole will get pregnant" -- NAILED IT!
- "Matt and Catherine will have a child" -- TRIPLE NAILED IT!
- "Earthquakes in Southern California, China" -- I was amazed at this one, I'm opening up a psychic hotline now
- "Obama elected President" -- now I'm on a roll
- "Housing prices continue to slump - US in recession" -- HOW COME NOBODY ASKED ME?! Also, how come I didn't re-allocate my 401(k) so I wouldn't lose so much? Hmmm...
Here are some I was way off on, for humor's sake:
- I will go to Hong Kong twice (none, actually and remarkably. Now that I have friends there I wish I were going finally. Harrumph.)
- Jessica will get a new car (apparently I forgot about the whole "married to me" prediction)
- BYU will go to a BCS bowl (grrrrrr....)
- Celebrity Deaths: Jimmy Carter, Paul McCartney, Bob Barker, Dick Cheney, Paul Harvey, Neil Diamond (no on each count. Maybe next year.)
- Patriots win 25 straight games (not even close -- thanks to a Tom Brady injury)
So -- what are some predictions for 2009? Here are some of mine, feel free to add yours in comments and I can check them at the end of 2009:
- There will be an exciting new space discovery
- Justin Timberlake gets engaged to whoever he's dating (it seems like it's about time)
- There will be new "To Catch A Predator" Dateline shows
- Two college football teams finish undefeated and 1-2 in the polls
- Madonna & A-Rod begin publicly dating (again, it's about time)
- International community/UN intervenes in Sudan & Congo
- Jessica & I have a boy
- Kim Jong Il, Fidel Castro pass away within weeks of each other
- Jessica will win a prize of some kind (besides me as her husband)
What say ye? Have any predictions?