Sunday, October 5, 2008

Baby, We Were Born to Run


First of all, I'm excited to find a reason to use this title, since I love old Bruce Springsteen songs. Back during the BMG "12 CDs for the Price of 1" days, I picked up the Springsteen Greatest Hits and the "Tracks" box set to get my fix of Bruce, and I recommend both of them. Top hits on "Tracks" include "Roulette," "Dollhouse," and "Ricky Wants a Man of Her Own." Any Bruce Springsteen song reminds me of driving down the Gorge Highway, and then over to Highway 97 through Goldendale and up to the Gorge Ampitheater. Great memories!
So why the Bruce song title, Dave? Why the Forrest Gump image? BECAUSE I CAN RUN AGAIN. I spoke to the orthopedic surgeon this week, and after more than 4 months of pain, limping, crutches, Roll-A-Bouts and rehab, I have been cleared to do everything but soccer, basketball, football (tennis, racquetball, chess...) and I'm working on running at full speed. For now, I just jog a bit when I take Pixie for a walk and that's enough for now.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Thrilled to hear you are making bipedal improvement.

Stephanie said...

I can just see it now. You slowly jogging trying to get your momentum back, with a little "Pixie" on a leash. Seriously Dave it takes a confident man to do that. No offense to Pixie and her size, or to Jessica for loving that dog so much.:)

Shanda McKeehan said...

So this weekend when you are visiting us in NC - you up for a 6 am 8-mile run on Saturday morning?