Sunday, July 13, 2008

Questionnaire Extraordinaires

I'm doing some research for the Miss Universe pageant tonight, because my friends and I have a competition each year for Miss USA and Miss Universe (see my earlier post on Miss USA where I smoked the competition). And why not be prepared with some favorites going into the event, right? (nodding my head, as most of you read on either in horror or complete denial that I would enjoy pageants) Right.

On the Miss Universe website, the contestants are asked "What is something unique that has happened to you; some interesting thing about you?" GREAT QUESTION! And here are some of my favorite answers from those I read:
  • Albania: "I AM DELIGHTED TO ADMIT THAT THIS IS MY VERY FIRST AMAZING AND UNIQUE EXPERIENCE. " (Note: ALL CAPS not necessary. I blame the person transposing as Miss Albania is far too pretty to have made that mistake on her own)
  • Angola: "I was in an airplane crash, escaping from an invasion in my city, during the civil war." (Uh, OK, you win. That's ridiculously unique and interesting, holy cow)
  • Antigua: "I have recently developed an interest in the different types of snakes located around the world." (Thank you Wikipedia!)
  • Argentina: "Sometimes I feel I am psychic because I have paranormal experiences." ("This pageant is clear")
  • Bolivia: "On one occasion, when nobody knew what to do, in a compulsive and sudden action, I saved my father`s life." (Wow. You and Angola are kicking some trash right now on this question, I have to say)
  • China: "When I was in drama school I played many different roles." (And when I was in Math class I did a lot of equations... is that unique too?)
  • Finland: "My parents said that I never hit puberty! " (Judging by your picture, I would disagree with your parents)
  • Guatemala: "What is interesting about me is normalcy. I am unique because of that." (COPOUT!)
  • Hungary: "I still do not know who registered me for this pageant." (she's writing a book titled "How to Accidentally Get to Miss Universe")
  • Nigeria: "WINNING THE BEAUTY PAGEANT, MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN NIGERIA (UNIVERSE)." (Easy now, Miss Nigeria, let's not get carried away already...)
  • Ukraine: "Once I had a dream that I was competing in the Miss Universe competition, and a year later, I won in the national contest..." (You and Miss Argentina should talk)

1 comment:

Shanda McKeehan said...

Dave - I would pay money to read this. Hilarious as always.