Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lucky

I am feeling lucky lately:
  • Lucky that my Achilles tendon issue held up and didn't totally ruin our wedding, reception or honeymoon
  • Lucky that we got married on June 21st and not a week later, since my sister would not have been able to make it then (bedrest thanks to incoming triplets)
  • Lucky that we found a great, unique and beautiful reception venue that worked with our budget
  • LUCKY to have friends and family there to support us and celebrate with us on our special day and also at our reception in Portland
  • And most of all, LUCKY to have found the love of my life. As great as our courtship was, marriage is so much better. We talk the same, we laugh the same, we just don't leave each other anymore and that is truly special. At one point during the honeymoon we were laughing so hard I think I was crying, and we promised each other that we would always have that much fun. Certainly there is a reason why there is the colloquial term "honeymoon period" -- I know things will not always be so easy. But there is nobody I would rather meet challenges with than someone like Jessica who makes me stronger, smarter, kinder, funnier and more resilient than I could ever be alone.

I love you Jess.

The rest of you are pretty OK too.

3 comments:

Emily said...

You are both so lucky and I'm so thrilled that I could play a part in it - your reception in LA was wonderful and everyone said what an amazing location it was... love you both!

Tamara said...

:)

You two are the greatest ever!!! I look forward to hearing about the future of the Fuhrimans!!!!

Jessica Baker said...

You sound like a happily married man. We're so happy for you.