Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Yes, it's true. Someone decided to be my girlfriend for a whole year. And on top of that, she is a splendid soul and apparently isn't trying to set a Guinness record for "longest relationship between a hottie and a dork." I think she saw the current record -- held by Courteney Cox and David Arquette -- and gave up on that long ago.

Jessica and I had a couple days together in Los Angeles during our anniversary as I was on my way back from a grueling business trip through New York and Atlanta. Only a year earlier, I had rejected an offer to move to New Jersey that would no doubt have changed my life in many ways (for better or worse, I have no idea nor do I much care at this point) and immediately booked a ticket using my plentiful (at that point) frequent flier miles to head to Los Angeles and see if these feelings I had for an old friend had any merit. Luckily for me, they did -- and amazingly we have found a way to let a long-distance relationship blossom.

Twelve months later, we celebrated at her favorite restaurant (El Torito Grill in Bev Hills), did Christmas shopping and visited friends before returning to the Pei Wei where I first made "the curry face" and won her heart. We drove up PCH into Malibu and back, stopping for a walk on the beach and some frolicking with Pixie.

It's true what they say -- time flies when your girlfriend is an angel.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love you! You make me so happy. You couldn't be more considerate, loving, and generous. Thank you for a fabulous year!